For legal, moral and financial reasons you must be mindful of the health, safety and wellbeing of your staff, visitors, contractors, business partners and customers alike. Workplaces which neglect health and safety risk prosecution, may lose staff, and may increase costs and reduce profitability. Once you have five or more employees it is obligatory to keep your health & safety approved codes of practice and records in check.
- Be familiar with the information and advice provided by the HSE, Local Authorities to keep current with your obligations and duties.
- Understand HSG65 and ISO 45001 so as to manage health & safety obligations in the workplace. Plan/Do/Check/Act.
- Evaluate the risks in your business regularly so hazards are in check, monitored and reviewed. What is in plain sight to you can often create complacency. Costs of bad practices can be devastating. A safe pair of hands and a fresh pair of eyes is key.
- Training and communicating with your staff regularly in safe systems of work to meet regulations is a must.
- A positive health & safety culture throughout keeps your business clean and functioning properly.
- A highly functioning health & safety regime promotes the wellbeing of your workforce and less downtime and absence.
- Outlays and costs of maintaining your health & safety standards will pay off.