No business-savvy person needs or wants to find themselves in a “hindsight is a wonderful thing” situation. Facts are, we have a moral duty to our workers, have legal duties to the State and for our own economic strategies, we need to keep our finger on the pulse with our internal safety structures. What’s not to understand about all of that? The blatant reality is that weak Health & Safety management systems make for a slippery slope to disaster. We often believe our objectives to be wholly production based, often perceive costs and effort of robust safety systems to be a hinderance and so, take the chance that we’ll dodge the bullet. We might be lucky up to some point but only a fool will be fooled into that mindset long term. Cost and effort of doing things the right way can melt into insignificance in comparison to likely strain of injuries, litigation and the possibility of going under if we do not look after safety of our workers, customers and visitors alike. We must match Health & Safety objectives with those of our production or else there is a very real threat of it all going belly up! Too late for shoulda, woulda coulda then ladies and gentlemen!
- Guilty Until Proven Innocent: Protect Your Business From Insurance Fraud.Insurance claims and premiums are a red hot topic for […]
- Why Should I Have a Health & Safety Statement?The Importance of Health & Safety Statement. Why should you have a Health & Safety Statement. Contents of a Health & Safety Statement. […]
- Manual Handling in the WorkplaceManual Handling is the cause of 32% of all workplace injuries. Training is a legal obligation for every organisation every three years. Manual Handling is not always obvious. We all Manual Handle everyday! […]
- Re-Invent Yourself and Shoot For The Stars!Reinvent yourself and your career. What to do when you lose your job. Exploring your ideal job. […]
- Competent Assistance – Health & Safety In The Workplace.Organisations are legally obliged to obtain, where […]